The Waubra Primary School Fundraising Team is responsible for many of our fabulous events throughout the year and they raise important funds to assist with purchasing extra resources for our children. Some of the things our Fundraising Team co-ordinate are:
- Hot lunches cooked and served on Fridays during Terms 2 & 3,
- Hot Cross Bun and Pie Drives,
- Cake stalls at local events,
- Annual “Oaks Day Lunch” – this is our biggest event of the year and is a fantastic day for our school community.
The important things to know about our WPS Fundraising Team are:
• Everyone in the school is a potential member of the team. There is no ‘official’ group and all parents, family members, staff and community members can jump on board with any of the fundraising initiatives at any time during the year.
• Your involvement can be driven by you. You can help out as much as you like or as little as you like. You may wish to be a co-ordinator of one of the fundraisers or simply help every now and then with different things.
• Each fundraising activity has a co-ordinator who is the person who organises others to help and provides the required report to the school about money in/money out etc. ANYONE can be a co-ordinator – if you have a fundraising idea and want to organise it, have it approved by the principal and then “GO FOR IT”!
• When a fund raiser is coming up it will be advertised in the newsletter with the co-ordinators details and anyone who would like to help in any way will be able to contact that person.
• Anyone is welcome to attend a meeting once a month (dates will be in the newsletter) where those present will make decisions relating to where the future funds raised will be allocated in the school.
• All fundraisers have a specified purpose which is advertised, eg. “This raffle is being held to raise funds for new footballs.” This way everyone knows what they are working towards and what the benefits to the students will be.